Cast and characters:
- Taylor Schilling … Sarah
- Peter Mooney … John – We Were Wolves
- Colm Feore … Arthur Jacobson – Buckout Road
- Brittany Allen … Margaret St. James – Jigsaw
- Jackson Robert Scott … Miles – IT
- Olunike Adeliyi … Rebecca
- David Kohlsmith … Miles, aged five years-old
- Mark Sparks … Lead S.W.A.T. Officer
- Byron Abalos … Penmark Instructor
- Michael Dyson … Farmer
- Ava Augustin … Penmark Student
- Ashley Black … Hailey
The Prodigy was released theatrically in the USA by Orion Pictures on February 8, 2019. The MPAA has rated the movie ‘R’.
According to Box Office Mojo, the film took $6,004,403 at 2,530 theaters over its opening weekend. The reported budget was $6 million.
- The film’s working title was Descendant.
- This 2019 production should not be confused with Prodigy (2017) which was directed by directed by Alex Haughey and Brian Vidal.
As part of the movie’s promotion, artist Gary Pullin created three retro-style posters. Available in lime green, red-orange, and turquoise backgrounds, each posters depicts main character Miles standing menacingly in a doorway, whilst casting a shadow in the shape of a hammer.
Commenting, Pullin said: “As a horror fan, I have fond memories of the Orion logo blazing across the screen and being inspired by their films. To say the least, I’m beyond thrilled to be teaming up with them on some upcoming releases. It’s an exciting time for the horror genre and I think The Prodigy excels as a stand alone homage to 1970’s horror thrillers, I can’t wait for fans to see the film and to see the artwork we’ve been cooking up together.”
The limited edition 24 x 36 inch posters can be purchased via Gary Pullin’s website
Image source: Crypt Teaze
NB. Orion Pictures was originally formed in 1978. Some of their notable genre releases include Amityville II: The Possession (1982), The Return of the Living Dead (1984), The Terminator (1984), The Believers (1987), RoboCop (1987) and its sequels, George A. Romero’s Monkey Shines (1988) and The Silence of the Lambs (1991).
HORRORPEDIA is truly independent and we rely solely on the minor income generated by affiliate links and internet ads to stay online and grow. Please support us by not blocking ads on our site. Thank you.
Quick links to contents: