‘Welcome to the darkest place on earth.’
Rootwood is a 2018 American supernatural horror feature film about the curse of the Wooden Devil directed by Marcel Walz (Blood Feast remake; Tortura; Seed 2; Raw) from a screenplay by Mario von Czapiewski (Raw 3: The Revelation of Grete Müller; Cannibal Diner). The movie stars Elissa Dowling, Tyler Gallant, Sarah French, Felissa Rose, Brandon Rhea, and Tiffani Fest.
Students Jessica (Elissa Dowling) and William (Tyler Gallant) host “The Spooky Hour,” a podcast about paranormal phenomena and urban legends.
When they are hired by Hollywood film producer Laura Benott (Felissa Rose) to produce a horror documentary about the curse of the Wooden Devil, they sense a chance to become famous.
Together with their friend Erin (Sarah French), they enter Rootwood Forest and investigate the area to find out the truth about the Wooden Devil and his victims…
” …all of the actors and actresses in this flick have real chemistry. It truly felt like friends and associates working together on a passion project more than performers just reciting lines. Throw in amazing gore and creature design from Headcase Studios and Rootwood is a stunning success in every department. Although, you’ll have to wait until the very end to get a full glimpse at the creature.” Horror Society
Cast and characters:
- Elissa Dowling … Jessica – Bus Party to Hell; We Are Still Here; Tales of Halloween; Starry Eyes; et al
- Tyler Gallant … William
- Sarah French … Erin – Ouija House; Land Shark; Zombie Pirates; Insectula!
- Felissa Rose … Laura Benott – Victor Crowley, Camp Dread; Sleepaway Camp; et al
- Tiffani Fest … Brenda – Serena Waits, Garden Party Massacre; Circus of the Dead
- Brandon Rhea … Dominik Braun
- Kwame Head … Roger Winston
- Marv Blauvelt … Worker #1
- Oasis Nguyen … Worker #2