Scream Factory has announced that on August 21st, 2018, two of legendary horror filmmaker William Castle’s best-loved films will make their Blu-ray debuts loaded with bonus features, including new interviews and audio commentaries on each release.
In Strait-Jacket, Joan Crawford plays Lucy Harbin, a woman who goes berserk when she finds her husband in bed with another woman. With her three-year-old daughter accidentally witnessing the grisly act, Lucy axes the couple to death. She spends twenty years in a mental institution for the double murder.
After she is released, she moves in with her brother, Bill (Leif Erickson), his wife, Emily (Rochelle Hudson) and Carol (Diane Baker), her own daughter who is now twenty-three. Her nightmare is over … or is it? When a spate of ax murders start occurring suddenly in the neighbourhood, police think Lucy has reverted to her old ways. The truth is finally revealed in a rousing, blood-chilling finale.
- New: Joan Had Me Fired – an interview with actress Anne Helm
- New: On the Road with Joan Crawford – an interview with publicist Richard Kahn
- New: Audio Commentary with authors/film historians Steve Haberman and David J. Schow and film historian Constantine Nasr
Battle-Ax: The Making of Strait-Jacket
- Joan Crawford Costume and Make Up Tests
- Ax Swinging Screen Test
- Theatrical Trailers
- Still Gallery
In The Tingler, Vincent Price stars as an obsessed doctor who discovers a parasitic creature which grows on the spinal cords of terrified people. If they scream, the Tingler can be destroyed. If they don’t, it will sever the spinal column and kill them. He successfully isolates and removes the Tingler from a deaf mute (Judith Evelyn) who has been scared to death by her devious husband. Once captured, the Tingler escapes and runs amok in a crowded movie theater. Terror is loose, but can it be stopped?
- New: Audio Commentary by author/historian Steve Haberman
- New: I Survived The Tingler – an interview with Pamela Lincoln
- New: Unleashing “Percepto” – an interview with publicist Barry Lorie
- Scream for Your Lives! William Castle and “The Tingler” – vintage featurette
- William Castle’s Drive-In “Scream!” audio
- Original “Scream” Scene
- The original 1959 theatre lobby recording
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery