Scream Factory has announced the extras for their ‘Collector’s Edition’ Blu-ray release of Return of the Living Dead Part II (1987), written and directed by Ken Wiederhorn (Shock Waves; Eyes of a Stranger).
This sequel to The Return of the Living Dead reunites lead actors James Karen (Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster; Time Walker; Poltergeist) and Thom Mathews (Jason Lives! Friday the 13th Part VI; The Vampire Hunters Club) although, having been zombified in the original they play different characters here. It also stars Dana Ashbrook (Waxwork; Girlfriend from Hell), Marsha Deitlein, Philip Bruns (Silent Night, Bloody Night), Michael Kenworthy (The Blob – 1988).
The Blu-ray hits the streets on August 14, 2018.
The horror begins again as mysterious barrels bounce off an Army transport as it passes through a new housing development and land near an abandoned cemetery. Mischievous neighborhood boys discover the barrels and open them, unaware of the evil contained within.
A deadly green vapour escapes and turns the living into flesh-eating zombies and causes the dead to rise from their graves. As these hideous living dead hunt down the fresh human brains they need, man is pitted against man, and the living against the dead. It is a macabre struggle for survival!
- New 2K scans from the interpositive
- New Audio Commentary with actress Suzanne Snyder
- New Audio Commentary with Gary Smart (co-author of The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead) and filmmaker Christopher Griffiths
- New Back to the Dead: The Effects of “Return of the Living Dead Part II” – including interviews with Special Make-up Effects creator Kenny Myers and Special Make-up Effects artists Andy Schoneberg and Mike Smithson
- New The Laughing Dead – a new interview with writer/director Ken Wiederhorn
- New Undead Melodies – an interview with composer J. Peter Robinson
- New interview with actor Troy Fromin
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Ken Wiederhorn and co-star Thor Van Lingen
- They Won’t Stay Dead: A Look at Return of the Living Dead Part II including interviews with James Karen, Thom Matthews, Brian Peck, Kenny Myers, Susan Snyder, Michael Kenworthy and more…
- Archival Featurette – Live from the Set
- Archival interviews with Ken Wiederhorn, James Karen, Thom Matthews and Kenny Myers
- Behind the Scenes footage
- Theatrical Trailer and Teaser Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery of posters and stills
- Still Gallery of Behind-the-Scenes stills from Makeup Effects artists Kenny Myers and Mike Smithson
Buy Blu-ray: Amazon.com