‘Five new tales to blow your mind!’
Hi-Death is a 2018 American horror anthology feature film and a follow-up to Hi-8 (2013). starring Fabiana Formica (Dellamorte Dellamore), Dilynn Fawn Harvey, Julia Vally, Antwoine Steele and Kate Durocher.
The segment writer/directors are:
- Anthony Catanese … ‘Death Has A Conscience’ – Teenage Bloodsuckin’ Bimbos; Sodomaniac
- Amanda Payton … ‘Night Drop’ – The Crawler short
- Tim Ritter … ‘Dealers of Death’ – Creep; Killing Spree; Truth or Dare? A Critical Madness and sequels; Day of the Reaper
- Todd Sheets … ‘The Muse’ – Bonehill Road; Dreaming Purple Neon; House of Forbidden Secrets; Zombie Bloodbath; Goblin; et al
- Brad Sykes … ‘Cold Read’ and wraparound segment “Terror Tour” – The Pact; Goth; Witchcraft XII: In the Lair of the Serpent; Death Factory; Camp Blood (1999) and sequels
- Josephina Sykes … ‘Cold Read’
When two young women take the “Terror Tour” through the underbelly of Hollywood, they are led into a bizarre world of unspeakable horror. Their first stop proves that “Death Has a Conscience”, but doesn’t spare the unlucky souls who stumble into his path. Next, a meeting with the “Dealers of Death” exposes the perils of collecting murder memorabilia. Then, it’s off to a quick “Night Drop”, where your next movie rental may be your last. An actress’ worst nightmare unfolds as she is forced to perform a terrifying “Cold Read”, and our Terror Tour comes to a disturbing end as we meet the ancient, seductive evil known as “The Muse”.
“Like Hi-8, Hi-Death places a strong emphasis on personal creativity and back to basics filmmaking. Filmmakers once again shot on location using practical special effects. Unlike its predecessor, Hi-Death is shot entirely in HD, and the segments are longer in order to give each filmmaker a chance to explore more complex themes and storylines.
- Hollywood, California, USA
- Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Lexington, Kentucky, USA
- Trenton, New Jersey, USA