Children of the Corn: Runaway is a 2017 directed by John Gulager (Zombie Night; Piranha 3DD; Feast and sequels) from a screenplay by Joel Soisson (Children of the Corn: Genesis; Dracula 2000; Trick or Treat; et al). The film stars Marci Miller, Lynn Andrews III, and JR Hatchett.
Young and pregnant, Ruth escapes a murderous child cult in a small Midwestern town. She spends the next decade living anonymously in an attempt to spare her son the horrors that she experienced as a child.
Ruth lands in a small Oklahoma town, but something is following her. Now, she must confront this evil or lose her child…
Marci Miller (Death Race 2050; Most Likely to Die), Blaine Maye, Lynn Andrews III, JR Hatchett, Jake Ryan Scott, Sara Moore, Gavin Taylor, Mary Kathryn Bryant, Corbin Tyler, Skylar Gardner, Cacky Poarch, Jillyan Blundell, Debbi Tucker, Glenda Taylor, Tom Allen.
The film is completed and awaiting distribution.
Meanwhile, a Special Edition Blu-ray of the original 1984 film, which has spawned eight sequels and a 2009 remake, is released by Arrow Video on September 19, 2017. Extras announced so far include:
- Brand new 2K restoration from the original negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Mono and 5.1 Audio Options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with John Sullivan of childrenofthecornmovie.com and horror journalist Justin Beahm
- Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- It Was the Eighties! an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
- Return to Gatlin brand new featurette revisiting the film s original Iowa shooting locations
- Stephen King on a Shoestring an interview with producer Donald Borchers
- Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
- Feeling Blue an interview with the actor who played The Blue Man in the fabled excised sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing in the film.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA