The Price of Fear is a horror/mystery radio serial produced by BBC Radio during the 1970s. The host and star of the show was Vincent Price.
This show stands out in Price’s radio career as some of the episodes were based on fictional adventures of Vincent Price himself, playing himself, while others had him merely introducing the macabre tale of the week. Twenty-two episodes were produced; writers on the series included William Ingram, Stanley Ellin, Richard Davis, R. Chetwynd-Hayes, A.M. Burrage, Elizabeth Morgan, Rene Basilico, Roald Dahl and Price himself.
Fifteen of the episodes were rebroadcast by BBC Radio 7 in the spring of 2010.
- Come As You Are by William Ingram
- Specialty of the House by Stanley Ellin
- The Man Who Hated Scenes
- Guy Fawke’s Night by Richard Davies
- The Ninth Removal
- Soul Music by William Ingram
- An Eye for An Eye by William Ingram
- The Waxwork by AM Burrage
- Lot 132 by Elizabeth Morgan
- Fish by Rene Basilico
- Blind Man’s Bluff by William Ingram
- Cat’s Cradle from The Squaw by Bram Stoker
- Meeting in Athens
- Remains to be Seen
- The Family Album by William Ingram
- Not Wanted on Voyage by William Ingram
- Goody Two Shoes by William Ingram
- To My Dear, Dear Saladin by William Ingram
- Out of the Mouths by William Ingram
- Is There Anybody There? by William Ingram
- Never Gamble With A Loser
Buy The Price of Fear on CD from Amazon.co.uk
HORRORPEDIA is genuinely independent and we rely solely on the very minor income generated by affiliate links and online ads to maintain and grow our online presence. Please support us by not blocking ads on this website. Thank you.
Quick links to site contents: