Dead Heat is a 1988 American comedy horror film starring Treat Williams, Joe Piscopo and Vincent Price and directed by Mark Goldblatt.
Violent criminals who cannot be killed are shooting up Los Angeles, and the investigation leads LAPD detectives Roger Mortis (Treat Williams) and Doug Bigelow (Joe Piscopo) to a mysterious pharmaceutical firm.
However, when Mortis is suddenly murdered, his coroner girlfriend and loose cannon partner discover the company’s resurrection machine that turns Roger into the walking dead.
Now the department s most unstoppable cops must battle zombie hit men, a butcher shop gone berserk and the deceased industrialist (the legendary Vincent Price in one of his final film roles) who may hold the key to it all…
“ …deconstructs clichés to make what has to be the first action-adventure-living-dead comedy ever conceived. Utilizing a wonderful idea and presenting it with all the creativity a barebones budget would allow, director Mark Goldblatt perverted the buddy cop prescription into a zombified geek show of bloodletting, corpses, and plenty of jocularity.” Bill Gibron DVD Verdict
“An attempt to mix the likes of “Lethal Weapon” and “48 Hours” with the zombie movie and hints of old school Gothic Horror, Dead Heat is the kind of movie that defines cult favorite” Joseph Howell, Talk of Horrors
“Everyone in the film has an Uzi (obviously an essential accessory in the eighties) and the special effects and gore are pretty well handled. It doesn’t really make sense and it’s not funny in the way it intends to be, in fact it’s pretty awful and yet somehow it manages to be nostalgically entertaining.” Simon Hill, Eat Horror
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
Cast and characters:
- Treat Williams as Roger Mortis
- Joe Piscopo as Doug Bigelow
- Lindsay Frost as Randi James
- Darren McGavin as Doctor Ernest McNab
- Vincent Price as Arthur P. Loudermilk
- Clare Kirkconnell as Doctor Rebecca Smythers
- Keye Luke as Mr. Thule
- Robert Picardo as Lieutenant Herzog
- Mel Stewart as Captain Mayberry
- Professor Toru Tanaka as Butcher
- Martha Quinn as Newscaster
- Shane Black as Patrolman
- Beth Toussaint as Lab Technician
- Gene LeBell as Guard (uncredited)
- Dick Miller as Cemetery Security Guard [uncredited]
- Linnea Quigley as Zombie Go-Go Girl [uncredited]
HORRORPEDIA is truly independent and we rely solely on the minor income generated by affiliate links and internet ads to stay online. Please support us by not blocking ads on our site. Thank you.
Quick links to contents: